Sunday 1 July 2012

Sunday morning

The 20p Aisle
HTC Desire S and Instagram.

A few months ago I decided to take a look at the Sunday morning carboot at the Nottingham Racecourse. That morning I found me new place of worship.This morning with the weather looking beautiful, I hurried on down to see what I could find. Every week is different. This morning I did not find anything amazing (once I found a beautiful red vintage suitcase for a pound, and my fabulous little bike came from there, too), but the cats are going to love the pure wool blankets I picked up for 50p each, and I treated myself to three pairs of vintage metal scissors for a pound. They are very sharp. I very nearly didn't buy them, and walked on the first time 'round. But something made em go back. For a minute I could not find the stall they were on and I was kicking myself, but there they were, in the last place I looked.

The boxes in the photo above were full of what can only be described as landfill. You are supposed to fossick through them and find yourself a bargain for 20p, but they are literally filled with broken plates and plastic forks. I really don't understand what that is all about.

Many years ago I frequented the Caboolture Markets on a Sunday morning.  I had no idea at the time how amazing they were. I just enjoyed them. Now that I have travelled to many places, I have come to realise that the Caboolture Markets were indeed amazing, and I miss them. If you live near Caboolture, you really must roll out of bed early one Sunday and go take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment