Tuesday 28 August 2012

Homme Chaton: Day 4 post-op


We have just arrived home from the local vet. The referring vet who performed the surgery wanted someone to see Man Kitten's surgery site today, to check for infection and to ask after his general well-being. All seems OK on these fronts. There are no obvious post-op infections either internally or externally. He is eating, sleeping, pooping and peeing.

The vet remains optimistic about him keeping his leg. It's too soon to know for sure. Some good news is that he has obvious control over his tail. Hooray! Manly has a particularly long tail. Nothing of great beauty or wondrous to behold, but it is nice that he gets to keep it and I am sure if asked he would be pleased. I know I am.

He goes back to the referral surgeon next week to have his stitches out. These little trips out are about as exciting as it gets; he's confined to a cage for a minimum of four weeks whilst his pelvis and leg have a chance to recover. It's tedious, for him and for me. Litter tray clean up, bedding changes, too-ing and fro-ing. We are both bored with it already! The cage we have borrowed from the local rescue centre is just a tiny bit too small for him to spend the entire month in, so I have bought him a slightly bigger one from eBay which should arrive tomorrow. When we are done with it we will probably gift it to the little rescue centre he came from.

In the back of my mind there remains the concern that he will ultimately lose his left rear leg. It's the further surgery and its related risks and costs which are making my wrinkles deeper and my grey hairs rapidly multiply. There is nothing I can do to control the outcome, bar keeping him cage rested. It's a shame eBay are cracking down on the crystal ball stuff. I could do with a little insight to ease the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment